- Infection of the soft tissues around the tramites of the trans-osseous wires that manifests as local pain at the site of insertion, redness, swelling, increase in local temperature and fever;
- Abundant serous secretion and consequent soaking of the gauze dressing;
- Breakage of the trans-osseous wires accompanied by the sensation of internal rupture of a guitar string, onset of pain of variable intensity;
- Loss of mechanical stability of the various junctions between the metal parts due to loosening of the bolts of the fixation device;
- Disturbed limb sensation;
- Perception of squeaking noise around the wires bought on by movement;
In the event of any of the above-mentioned complications, reference should be made to Dr. Kirienko for information and advice on the correct line of action to adopt.